The former UN Special Rapporteur, Professor Knox, has conducted five country visits:
- to Costa Rica from 28 July to 1 August 2013,
- to France from 20 to 24 October 2014,
- to Madagascar from 25 to 31 October 2016,
- to Uruguay from 24 to 28 April 2017, and
- o Mongolia from 19 to 27 September 2017.
During each visit, Professor Knox looked at how the country is implementing human rights related to the environment, identified good practices, and examined the challenges related to human rights and the environment. The Costa Rica report is available in English here, and also in Spanish. The report on France is available in French and in English. The Madagascar report is available in English here, and in French here. The reports on Uruguay and Mongolia will be presented to the Human Rights Council in March 2018.